Tara Remington is an American Multi Media 2D/3D Artist whose works includes, Installation, Printmaking, Drawing, Photography and Sculpture. Tara’s formal study; Ringling School of Art, Sarasota FL, Portfolio Center, Atlanta Ga where she studied graphic design, photography and advertising. Her professional career began in the early 1980‘s in arts management, arts programming and teaching. In the last ten years her work has focused on Collaborative Outreach Installations, Public Art and Murals. Her installation and commission work is known throughout the Kentucky region.
2003-2015 Artist-In-Residence in public and private schools, permanent and temporary installations and arts advisor partnering with local organizations; Louisville Visual Art Association, Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft, Center For Neighborhoods, Fund For The Arts, The Little Loom House, Side By Side Studio, Louisville KY. Clarksville High School, Clarksville IN
- Artist-In-Residence, Jefferson County Public and Private Schools K-12
- Artist-In- Residence at the Kentucky School of the Blind
- Community Collaborative Western Middle School and Fern Creek High School; Temporary Installations Exhibitions exhibited at The Kentucky Center for The Performing Arts
- Mural Artist and Zen Garden Design- St. Joe’s Children’s Home
- Outdoor Permanent Labyrinth – Maryhurst, Girls Home
- Commission- Kosair Children’s Hospital
- Portland Totem Public Art Collaborative
- Public Art Collaborative Temporary Installation Weber Gallery NEA Grant exhibited at the Kentucky Center for Performing Arts
- Permanent Indoor Installation, Youth Build Louisville
- Kentucky Foundation for Woman, Art Meets Activism Grant Recipient
Along with Tara’s community arts integration she has exhibited throughout the Mid -West and Southeast regions of the United States and is reaching out into national and international invitationals and residencies. Tara Invites community to engage in the arts on an interactive level and she also includes and implements Mindful Creativity Programming with all ages, she has also worked with The Art In Healing Program, Kentucky Center for Performing Arts in Louisville KY for the past two years.
My desire is to expand into the national and international art market through outreach through public art; installations and murals. I am also currently pursuing artist in residencies in a on going effort of the development of my personal artwork.
Tara Remington /Artist / Facilitator / Creative Consultant
Cell: 502-690-1564 / email@example.com